What's all this I hear about Inertia ?

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Tue Oct 7 17:25:04 MDT 2008

Unfortunately it's not the case in this particular formula because of the
relationship between BW and FW.  Change one and the other changes in the
opposite direction in an equal amount.  Increase FW (front weight) by 5 and
BW (balance weight) decreases by 5 so any change in FW or BW will not change
the value of R.  You cannot change them independently without changing the
other in this particular formula.  Makes sense too since adding (or
subtracting) lead to a key certainly doesn't change the action ratio, it
just decreases the touchweight.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com