vetted by the CRB

Barrie Heaton piano at a440.co.uk
Thu Oct 9 12:06:31 MDT 2008

In message <B7EB9E7E55AA488F9BB1020EF033C2F6 at murrayb76fc788>, Fenton
Murray <fmurray at cruzio.com> writes

>I noticed the following on your web site.
>"I have been vetted by the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and
>approved to work in situations with vulnerable adults or children."
>
>I wonder if something like this exists here in the US and might be of use
>by the PTG for it's members?
>
>Comments?

Piano Tuners are now required to be CRB if they enter schools in the UK
as they are classed as unsupervised workers this only came it force in
2007 However, not one school has ever asked me for my CRB number or
asked if I have Public Liability insurance for that matter most are not
aware of it

 It makes a difference as I do now get more school work and clients do
comment that it is reassuring that I have CRB clearance and members of
the ABPT who also have it  are reporting positive feed back so its worth
the £50.00

I don't know if there is a similar  system in the US but you have Megons
law to curb sex offenders

Barrie

--
Barrie Heaton      PGP key on request           http://www.a440.co.uk/