Sex offender clearance, was "vetted by the CRB"

Tom Servinsky tompiano at bellsouth.net
Sat Oct 11 03:46:49 MDT 2008

Ric wrote:
> This whole scheme has completely different rational for being brought into
> law and it goes along the same lines of much of the rest of whats been
> going on over there these past 8 years. The <<official>> rational of
> protecting both kids and the adults who work around them is just
> balderdash.... and plays on this fear thing thats been generated (with
> enormous success) over there and in Brittan.

With all due respect, I couldn't disagree with you more.
The main reason for the fingerprinting is to ward sex offenders away from
gaining access to the children and schools. It's not a  foolproof method,
but at least if you are a sex offender you are not going to get school
business, not be able to be sports coach, and definitely not a teacher,
without having a clean slate. Again, it's not foolproof and there's still no
guarantees that this stop these horrific crimes, but at least it's a step in
the right direction. But at least sex offenders and would-be sex offenders
are not going to have the upper hand when gaining access to our children.
The more pressing issue our country can't seem to get a grip on is to have
our judges enforce said laws into practice. Too many of the judges are
simply slapping the offenders on the wrist and letting the walk free. Truth
be told, these same people perpetuate the same crimes time and time again.
So at some point you have to error to the side of safety, and the
fingerprinting ( in MHO) is a good place to start. Personally I'm one who
doesn't mind going through the aggravation of getting my fingerprinting work
completed.
As a former public school teacher, and as parent of 4 girls, my concern for
my girl's safety is paramount with all that is exposed to them.
Tom Servinsky