pitch of old upright

Don pianotuna at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 12 12:32:26 MDT 2008

Hi Wim,

I did an analysis of ten years of my tuning. During that time 0.00015% of strings failed. I can see little reason to leave pitch flat to protect strings from failing.

BTW this is not a monetary issue as I do not charge extra for A440. I prefer to schedule another tuning in the near future

At 01:18 PM 10/12/2008 -0400, you wrote:
>On most old uprights. I don't take any chances of breaking strings, much
>less the soundboard or the plate, and just tune it where it's at. Unless
>this piano needs to be on pitch with other instruments, I don't see the
>need to pull it up, even if it's up to 50 cents flat.
>
>   Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT

Regards,
3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716 or 1-888-29t-uner