the economy

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Sun Oct 12 13:29:01 MDT 2008

Hey Wim

 You're doing fine for a "howlie" (or however they spell it)....  There is
a great wealth of business when you "get-in" with the homies.  I was once
enguaged to marry a woman from just outside town there and the "clique" of
who gets in and out of favor with the locals is absolutely amazing!! She
(my once  fiance) was in the traditional dance group with the "auntie" who
ruled like a queen as to who to trust, etc.... They all listen to the
Auntie!!!  They're VERY tight (never try to  tell them what to
think....get the hint???)..... It's a tough nut to crack, but once IN the
"family" you're in for life..  Find out who the Aunties are and totally
give them the moon.  The tunings will follow...  Hope this helps!

Best, Paul

wimblees at aol.com
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
10/11/2008 12:14 AM
Please respond to
Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>

pianotech at ptg.org
cc

Subject
Re: the economy

Terry

I tune between 10 and 15, Most weeks not even that. At $115 per tuning,
and even with some repairs, PR's, and other stuff, I am averaging about
$6000 per month in income. My rent is $2100, and with the other bills,
including taxes, electricity, car, cable, phone, etc, it all comes to
about $6000 per month.  Just an average of 3 tunings per week will make
life easy. Now, if I can just figure out a way to do that, without it
costing a lot in advertising, I'll be happy.

I am confident, however, that I will get the business. It just takes time.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Mililani, Oahu, HI
808-349-2943