Question about Pierce Atlas (is there anything else?)

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Mon Oct 13 08:55:46 MDT 2008

"So my question is whether there are any other sources out there with
information that one cannot find in Pierce?  (How did he do it?)"

Well, there is the UK-published "Musicians Piano Atlas" and its two
Supplements, which has very good information for English pianos past and
present, and European and far-eastern. They have a kind of agreement with
Pierce not to tread too far into the US territory of Pierce..

But I don't think that's what youre after.  I don't think there's any other
*published* resource for American pianos. No doubt there must be old
catalogues and brochures and advertising material still hanging around in
attics etc, but no-one has equalled or rivalled Pierce in collating such
information.  You could always make it your life's work.......

Best,

David.