Dampp-Chaser humidifier treatment

Ruth Phillips info at alliedpiano.com
Tue Oct 14 08:30:33 MDT 2008

Hi,
My understanding (I didn't take chemistry) is that the problem with non-DC
treatment has to do with heat as the means of evaporating the water in the
system.
Room humidifiers use fans, and have no way of stopping the dispersion
without
reaching condensation.  This is what makes the system so effective,
switching back
and forth to achieve a good moisture level with no danger of condensation on
the
strings.  But because it's heat-based, the treatment must not have oxidizers
that
react with heat.  When demonstrating a new installation, I've gotten in the
habit
of mentioning to people to only use this treatment, and why, so they know
it's not
just to sell them something.
Ruth Phillips
info at alliedpiano.com