The all new Weickert felt hammer by Ronsen

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu Oct 16 17:46:47 MDT 2008

And of course there is the VFG felt as well. A good all purpose felt.?It is my hammer of choice for most uprights & have used many sets myself. Right out of the box there is lots of tone. ?I find it has less color but many of the Ronsen clients use it religiously. It needs some needling after the top packs in but its' any easy job. Uhh.... SO does any hammer
? After that we start to have a discussion on the mysteries of the internal?friction within felt. How that effects what we do can only be known by the sound that results.
?SO to me it's Bacon,Vfg Wurzen, & the Weickert special.? I hesitate to rank them because folks draw conclusions base only on wording and ?I don't consider any of the felts low density or soft. There all a medium density. I'd rank traditional Stwy hammers as soft but hey every day thers' a thing? I can't keep up with.
? But by density the way felt makers rank them I think this would be right. I'll ask Jack(Da man)
?Terry I fyou need a recommendation post off line.
? Thanks
??
? Dale

-----

Other way around.? From soft to hard: Bacon. Wurzen, Weickert.

?

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com

-----

?

Dale - or Whomever -

?

I'm trying to figure out if I'm understanding all this correctly......?

?

The most dense hammer felt offered by Ronsen is the Bacon, the?least dense is the Weickert, and the Wurzen is somewhere between the two. Correct?

?

Terry Farrell