Weickert Special-By Wurzen

Gevaert Pierre pierre.gevaert at belgacom.net
Fri Oct 17 11:49:03 MDT 2008

Hi André,

I  am also much interested in your book about voicing. Voicing  is and has
always been the most dificult item for me.

(Even afther your great demonstration in Brussels years ago !)

This Weickert Special felt is intrigueing me as I’ve installed my first set
of Wurzen A (not AA) onto an old German grand and these seems to be a lot
to hard for me (and also to big)

I thought this Wurzen A felt would be much softer. I’m surprised that you
say that they are to soft for you.

Maybe I had a set that was harder than usually.

The old (ruined) hammers were verry soft and elastic and still sounded verry
nice.That’s why I’d like to try to  needle them like hell to mach the same
softness of the original ones.

It seems to me that a soft elastic hammer can sound as clear as a hard
hammer but not so hard.

So André, what would you think that could happen when needling a Wurzen A
hammer unrtil it gets a bit spongy like the oldys ?? (‘not  in the trebble
of course !)

I think I would like to live in the US  as a tech  because of this different
approach of hammer hardness.

Maybe this Weickert Special is what I’m looking for.

Kind regards,

Pierre Gevaert

  _____