Is this a Tom Thumb Piano?

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Mon Oct 20 06:34:41 MDT 2008

Greetings,

        A customer has a 61 key piano,  and the piano is like a box. It has
screw in legs. It's keys are standard  upright size, and it's strings extend to
underneath the keys' backs, like  an old time square grand. He is calling
this a Tom Thumb piano.
       Now I have tuned Tom Thumb pianos  before, and the two that I have
tuned have standard upright size keys, but  they were just like a miniature or
abbreviated upright.

       Did Tom Thumbs come in other styles  (other than the upright type)?
Where can I find parts for this table type  version?

Thanks in Advance,
Julia Gottshall,
Reading, PA