The finite life of wood grain

Delwin D Fandrich del at fandrichpiano.com
Mon Oct 20 11:22:17 MDT 2008

David,

If you have access to them you might go back and review the Journal articles
I've written on the subject. They can be found in these issues:
- The Mechanics & Strength of Wood & Wood Structures Part 1-Basic Mechanics
(April, 1996)
- The Mechanics & Strength of Wood & Wood Structures Part II (June, 1996)
- Soundboard Damage Part I - A Guide to Sound-board Cracks & Other Maladies
(December, 1997)
- Soundboard Damage Part II - A Guide To Sound-board Cracks & Other Maladies
(January, 1998)
- Soundboard Damage Part III - A Guide to Sound-board Cracks & Other Maladies
(February, 1998)

Not much has changed since they were written.

Del
Delwin D Fandrich
Piano Design & Manufacturing Consultant
620 South Tower Avenue