Best approach for acquiring new business.

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Mon Oct 20 13:38:35 MDT 2008

Shawn

A basic rule of thumb in the advertising world is the 7 hit rule. Customers need to be hot over the head at least 7 times before they respond to any kind of promotion. Sending a post card to churches will generate some new business, but it has to be done numerous times over a period of a year. The first mailing might produce one or two calls, but if you keep sending them, more will respond later on.

Going door knocking might get you a few customers, but it?also takes time. Last year I visited about 2 dozen churches and school. I didn't seen one music director. The church/school secretary took my card, and only?one church choir director called me, but even that hasn't resulted in a tuning.

Building a business takes time. Word of mouth is always the best way, but even that takes time. People have to get to know you. Of course, doing good work, dressing appropriately and smelling nice are?forgone conclusions.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Mililani, Oahu, HI
808-349-2943