Searching for Ft. Lauderdale, FL tech

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Wed Oct 22 10:16:08 MDT 2008

I have a client in Wisconsin who owns a piano which is currently at his
sister's house in Davie, FL (I-595 east of I-75 area.) He and his wife
recently purchased a home built in 1906, and she'd like a piano more
befitting the style of the home's era than the (sub-par) 1979 Story/Clark
console they currently own. He's not able to tell me much about the piano in
FL, except that it's an old upright.
Please contact me off-list if you or someone you know in the area could make
a quick assessment of the sensibility of shipping the piano to Wisconsin,
given the cost of any repairs you (or someone you know) deem necessary. I'm
not asking for an appraisal, and I've given my client a heads-up that it
probably is not worth it. However, I know that some old uprights have been
well-maintained, which, combined with sentimental value may make it worth
their while.

No rush. If you (or someone you know) plans to be in the area in the next
few weeks or so, that's soon enough.

My customer anticipates that a nominal service call fee would be an
appropriate charge.

To reiterate, please respond off-list to paul at bruesch.net

Thanks much.
Paul Bruesch