The finite life of wood grain

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Oct 22 19:03:17 MDT 2008

Picky, picky. Sure sounds good though. Come to think of it, I do think I've
heard a few pianos that sounded like there was some ossification going on.

The part that got me was the formation of amber. My geology background
suggests to me that even Christifori's first piano isn't old enough to have
a whole lot of amber forming in the soundboard.......

And wood cells becoming more vacuous? So, the density of the wood changes
substantially? Hmmmm....

Terry Farrell