The finite life of wood grain

Stéphane Collin collin.s at mobistar.be
Thu Oct 23 04:42:22 MDT 2008

Hi Anon.

 (About as informative as the ossification post.....)

Anon

Information, like qualification, is where you want to see it.

Change the point of view and you will see other things.

Bah, enough with peremptory sentences.  But I would like to friendly remark
that some really don’t want to hear some things.

Makes me think (sorry if this seems off topic, but I don’t think so) of a
friend of mine who is breeding boxers (the dogs).  He always gets mad (or at
best really, really nervous) when you talk about white boxers.  He then
would claim loudly that they are more aggressive than the others, and prone
to be deaf, and epileptic, and subject to hide problems, and
 and that the
guys who did the rules about them (that is : kill them) knew perfectly what
they did, and he would make large movements.  As he is a well known (read
authorized) breeder, he also writes papers on the matter, where he depicts
the same large movements.

I must admit that in front of him, I can’t impede myself from telling about
white boxers (which causes invariably the same reaction), and that I myself
had three of them, all healthy, not deaf, not obviously more aggressive than
the others, not epileptic, and as funny, courageous, energetic, and really
good friend as the others.  That is me, you know that now.  I don’t say this
is clever.  But the fun is that the guy doesn’t have any experience with
white boxers (he kills them all at birth).  Maybe that is a possible cause
of his nervosity.  I’m sure that if he was absolutely certain of what he was
doing and the true utility of it, he would be pleased to talk about it and
not immediately discard contradictors as valid interlocutors.

Best regards.

Stéphane Collin.