The finite life of wood grain

Marcel Carey mcpianos at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 23 09:13:46 MDT 2008

One thing that comes to my mind is that what we see here in Northern America is probably very different that what you guys see in Europe. I think our climate conditions (at least here in Québec) are much harder on a soundboard that what it can be in Europe. It seems impossible for me to be able to say for sure if an old recrowned board will sound better than a new board. Unless someone is willing to recrown an old board, make recordings and then take it out to put in a new board.We should be respectfull of all options available to us. Marcel CareySherbrooke, QC