Best Buys; A.B. Chase; Knabe Concert Grands

Kendall Ross Bean kenbean at pacbell.net
Fri Oct 24 14:38:24 MDT 2008

Jack~

Yes, A.B. Chase 6'1" Model T. What a piano, huh? A lot like the earlier,
round tail Stnwy A's...

I had always wondered what the story was behind the Knabe Concert Grands.
>From my personal experience, and from what I have heard from others, many of
them were phenomenal instruments.

This information about Allen Chase sounds like it might be an important
piece of that picture. Any other important knowledge you have that you might
want to share about Mr. Chase? (Or Knabe Concert Grands...?)

Not sure what you meant by WN&G "bumper" action. (By the way, I have always
preferred the rails on WN&G grand actions to those on Steinway. So much
easier to travel flanges, or space the hammers, and have them stay, or...
...not sure what all the fuss is about Steinway tubular action rails,
especially since I recently pulled out a relatively new one that I had had
in stock for a few years, in order to replace a cracked original rail, only
to discover that the new one was cracked as well...)

~Ken Bean

PianoFinders

  _____