Jack Flanges

William Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Fri Oct 24 19:30:47 MDT 2008

Matthew,

I'd first double check the catalogues/suppliers to make sure that this isn't some other readily available flange.  If you just can't find one and if the overall height is the same, it looks like you could use a fine tooth saw, such as a gent's saw, back saw, coping saw, whatever you have, and cut the new flange to depth.  Then use a small chisel to remove the waste.  Remove the old one and use it as a guide (alcohol and water).  What kind of piano?

William R. Monroe

        SNIP

        I ordered some standard jack flanges from Schaff and they came today.  They do not appear to be the right size.  I put it next to the original flange, and you can see quite a difference.

        SNIP

        Matthew Todd