Jack Flanges

William Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Fri Oct 24 21:11:33 MDT 2008

Yes, Matthew,

Depends upon how much play is "a little."  Use your judgment, but with a properly fitted flange, glue is all that is necessary.  Further, Ed S. made a good point, that when you remove the old, you may find the new fits much better than you first thought because of the notch in the wippen.  Check it out.

William R. Monroe

        I will work on this.  When I dry fit the pieces, the flange has a little side to side play on the wippen.  Can you confirm that gluing the flange like that will be fine for it to work?

        Matthew Todd