Portable Vacuums

Jude Reveley/Absolute Piano juderev at verizon.net
Tue Oct 28 06:03:07 MST 2008

I've tried Oreck, Ryobi, Sharks, Dirt Devils and even Dinosaurs, but hands down the best "Roadkill" vacuum is made by 3M. Double check the specs but I think it is the 3M Service Vaccuum Cleaner SV-497AJM.

I used it when I worked at the local Steinway dealership here in Boston and it was left behind by the aspestos removal crew. It's been on my wish list ever since but at $240 this HEPA vacuum is a Cadillac. However, it is extremely lightweight and all the attachments fit inside the vaccuum, which looks and handles like a tackle box, making it an ideal tool for the road. 1HP of very powerful exhaust and suction.

For the shop, we've had an Oreck canister for over a decade that just simply kicks bottom and takes no prisoners. Will suck the chrome off a trailer hitch. <G>

Jude Reveley, RPT
Absolute Piano Restoration, LLC
Lowell, Massachusetts
(978) 323-4545