trimming new keytops

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Wed Oct 29 11:55:40 MST 2008

I use a 1" belt sander, then file the notch, and refine the edges by hand file.
Be sure to pad the vise jaw, that is against the keytop in the vice.
Keep on meaning to make a jig, since 1975, but never got around to it.
I do have all the tools necessary to make the different jigs mentioned in articles, and on the list. is that called procrastinating? :-)
John Ross