[pianotech] old upright

RONALD SHIFLET rlshiflet at msn.com
Mon Apr 6 17:50:46 PDT 2009

I have used both CA glue and 5 minute epoxy for repairs of this nature. Here's my 2 cents worth.

*CA glue. Thin, don't bother. Thick...maybe, if you have accelerator. The pointed end of the applicator makes getting it in, easier. Then there's the problem of getting the pin in and accelerating it once the pin is in.

*  5 minute epoxy. Works well. Hard to get in the hole while the piano is in an upright position. You need to keep moving the pin while it cures.