[pianotech] key bushing glue

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 14:10:30 PDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 3:52 PM, David Ilvedson <ilvey at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>  What fun removing old key bushings on a Conover 77 Grand.   A white pasty
> glue that wouldn't let go...I soaked with water/wallpaper remover...even
> with my heated bushing remover tool...it is a pain.   Any ideas on a better
> way with this stuff...whatever it is?    USE HIDE GLUE FOR KEY BUSHINGS
>
> David Ilvedson, RPT
> Pacifica, CA 94044

Sounds like the stuff on some Baldwins.
I use copious amounts of alcohol/water, but copious amounts of
water/wallpaper remover should work too. You might try steam if nothing else
works.

The ones I've done eventually do relent. Then, Spurlock's sizing cauls, and
glue over the residue with hide glue.

--
JF