[pianotech] PTG Journal - Ron Nossaman

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Aug 1 07:44:08 MDT 2009

Al Guecia/AlliedPianoCraft wrote:
> Ron,
>
> Nice tip in the TT&T this month. I will definitely use your set-up on my
> next bridge job. Question about the photo, it looks like a piece of wood
> against the rods all held by masking tape. How do you control friction
> and wobble or am I missing something? Is there a tube over the rods?
>
> Al G

Hi Al,
The motor sits in, and is taped to, a couple of shaped cradles
(under the tape) that are glued to that wood base you can see.
Two holes in each cradle slide on the rods. The tape just
holds the motor in. It's not machinist accurate, by any means,
but it's surprisingly solid, and plenty good enough for
drilling bridges.
Ron N