[pianotech] Pitch raise criteria

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Sat Aug 1 23:47:27 MDT 2009

David,

I'm just curious of the pattern in which you tune.  Do you start with
your temperament and go up from there and then come back and tune
going down below the temperament? Or do you have some other method/
pattern you use when you tune unisons as you go? Do you just use the
rubber mutes, set the middle string, then tune the unisons and move to
the next note?

I'm sorry if this seems basic.  I just want to make sure I'm clear on
what it is you're saying...

I don't mind tuning unisons as I go.  I just want to end up with a
tuning that doesn't require me to go back through and fix a bunch of
stuff.

Thanks!

Rob