[pianotech] Pitch raise criteria

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Sun Aug 2 07:26:22 MDT 2009

Hi John,

Every time the pitch is changed the tension on the piano changes. Look at
the "smart tune" feature on Reyburn Cyber Tuner--it overcompensates on a 2
cent pitch change.

Environmental change has nothing to do with pitch correction. Control the
enviroment as well as possible--for example "pre heating" the piano with
lights in a concert hall situation may help.

At 09:03 AM 8/2/2009 -0300, you wrote:
>   This may be heresy to some, and they are  going to be mad at me, but I
>just have to say it. But I just can't see a pitch raise being  necessary
>for a 2c change. If it is a concert venue, the stage lights  can make it
>vary more than that.
Regards,

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716