[pianotech] Brass rail problems

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 19:55:02 MDT 2009

The shank bending pliars are WAY easier then regluing them.

I did a brass rail conversion to standard parts a couple of years ago on an
old Packard. I was very surprised when I held the brass rail up to the
strike line on the strings. some of the tabs didn't come close to lining up
squarely to the unisons. Again, the solution is to taper the shanks at the
bottom so you can have some leeway to line them up to the strings.

The shank bending pliers accomplish the same thing in a somewhat cruder
fashion, but it works.

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT
Puget Sound Chapter