[pianotech] Pitch raise criteria

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 18:03:48 MDT 2009

The main thing is to not care too much! Do not get hung up on accuracy AT
ALL. If you feel like you pull one note up too far, instead of fixing it,
just don't pull the next one up so much. This will help compensate. *GO GO
GO!!* That's the way to do it. Get into a rhythm. Timing yourself can be
very useful.

Give yourself about 3 seconds to tune each string.This will come out to
about 10 minutes. 4 seconds per string will put you at about 15.

I don't strip mute. In fact, my muting technique is probably not very
efficient - I just use a couple pair of rubber mutes.

Just get it done!! [?]

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT
Puget Sound Chapter