[pianotech] Advantages/Disadvantages of muting techniques

PianoForteTechnologies pianofortetechnology at saol.com
Tue Aug 4 09:55:00 MDT 2009

Hello Ed and David

Ed, I will try what you suggest and see how it works.

David, If one had to be fine tuning, would the center string change that
much or at all?  Yes, if while I am pitch raising and tuning in one pass,
the center string will change.

One makes judgements and tunes accordingly, I suppose.  It certainly will
not be a fine tuning but a tuning that most will accept, except concert
tuners and concert pianists.

Is this why some tuners tune unisons as you go only, so you can hear the
change between intervals, once the unison (or couple) has been tuned and
adjust accordingly as you go?

You have made me think!?

Mark Davis