[pianotech] Pitch raise criteria

Duaine & Laura Hechler dahechler at att.net
Tue Aug 4 16:41:56 MDT 2009

OK - I'll bite.

Why is most everyone talking about a "multi-pass" pitch raise.

Since I was taught, with RCT, to do a one-pass, A0 - top, tuning unisons
as I go.

Why ? Is the multi-pass better ? Or is it that pitch raising with aural
tuning harder because you have to figure in overpull as you go ? Or is
it that the RCT handles the above one pass equal or better ? Or is it
just a persons preference ?

Please keep it to non-concert or institutional tunings - meaning general
public tunings.

Just trying to demystify and make sense of all these different views.

Duaine