[pianotech] Soundboard deflection - Pitch raise

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 11:58:23 MDT 2009

I wouldn't say its indefinable. We know the pitch drops - we know the
structure is flexible, we know that the components of the piano are
interrelated. My whole point earlier was "how could there possible be ONE
cause?".

How would one construct an experiment to accurately measure all the
structural changes in a piano before and after a pitch raise? It would be
necessary to detect and measure very small changes in the structure.

We should definitely use some "lasers".   [?]

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT
Puget Sound Chapter