[pianotech] Pianomation maintenance

Andrew Anderson anrebe at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 17:40:05 MDT 2009

Paul,
As people have noted here, you do want to look before pulling an
action.  There may be a cable to disconnect on QRS, Bosie, or
Pianodisc systems equipped to record.  On the old Pianodisc systems
there were springs on the plungers so when reinserting the action you
would place the keyslip over the white and black keys and depress them
while pressing the damper pedal in order to slide the ends of the
keysticks over the plungers without hitting the damper spoons/
underlevers.  Pianodisc has since gone to a system where the plungers
are mounted just below the keysticks.

Watch out when you go to grab the back end of the action as the
keyframe has been cut away to expose the end of the keysticks.  You
will need to reach under the keys a good inch to catch the frame.  The
first time this happens to you it will be a little disconcerting if
you aren't thinking about it.  DAHMIK

Have fun.

Andrew Anderson