[pianotech] Edwin Brown Action.

JWyatt1492 at aol.com JWyatt1492 at aol.com
Fri Aug 7 14:15:44 MDT 2009

Hello to all,

   Most Brown actions can be made useable.
Their performance is not as high as a modern action.

   However they can be regulated and serviced so
that their performance is more than adequate  for the
average pianist.

   I  respectfully  suggest  we look   at   ether of the
 " Browns "  for what it is, except  it  for what  it is --
and  start from there.

   His second action is much easier to regulate and
stay regulated than the first.

      If the wood is still strong there is no  reason to
"Update" unless very high performance is wanted or
 needed.  Of course you can always bolster the
strength of wood.

   I have some parts for the first and many parts for
the second.  The last "Brown" I rebuilt was in a
 Chickering  74. The sound was pleasing but not as
pleasing as the famous Chickering 123  but then---
--  what is ?

     I do not sell these parts but I will send what you  need
all I ask is that you donate to the  PTG Foundation
whatever amount of money that these parts are worth
to you

   P.S.
           By the 2011  Convention in Kansas.City.  There will
           be a  model of  the  "Brown "  in the PTGF. Museum

      Regards to All,
      Jack Wyatt
      Dallas