[pianotech] buzzing lid hinge

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Sat Aug 8 08:04:04 MDT 2009

Mark,

I'd suspect that with as much play as you are describing that you've got a
mismatch between the hinge and the pin.  See if you can't figure that out
and then (hopefully) just order the proper pin.  Worst case scenario I
suppose would be having to replace the hinge/pin assy.  But, I'd bet you
could just mic the pin and find one that is slightly larger.

And, as Ed suggests, give a call to M&H.

William R. Monroe