[pianotech] buzzing lid hinge

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Sat Aug 8 14:43:02 MDT 2009

Ditto on the linseed oil fix . I think the suggestion was also from Samick some years ago and I had some success . Trouble is I don't carry Linseed Oil in my Slick it and Stick it container and I won't to fix it without a return trip.
I have pulled the pin--easier said than done at times --and applied a thin film of VJ and reinserted. Seems to work with the material available.
Tom Driscoll
  Subject: Re: [pianotech] buzzing lid hinge

       I used a syringe to apply linseed oil in the openings in the hinge, where the brass is curled around the pin. After putting a bead of oil on, I worked the hinge back and forth for 15 seconds, then wiped the excess oil off. The buzz was fixed. 5 minutes work!

      . . .
      Don Mannino RPT
      Kawai America