[pianotech] Commissions

Greg Newell gnewell at ameritech.net
Thu Aug 13 10:26:43 MDT 2009

Greetings list members,

	I need some advise. I am selling a piano to a new customer which an
employee (who also happens to give piano lessons on the side) has referred
to me. What should his commission be? The employee referred this new
customer through his piano lessons with her. She originally had the idea of
only spending about $2,000 and this employee says that he talked up the new
Walters that I carry. It seemed to me that I had her leaning toward the
Walter from her very first visit not necessarily after he talked her up on
them. I want to be fair to all concerned
 including me. Any thoughts? Is
there a standard commission rate that I should be aware of? Are there 2
different rates for a full fledged salesperson or someone who simply refers
another? Your thoughts, experiences will be much appreciated!

Greg Newell
Greg's Piano Forté
www.gregspianoforte.com
216-226-3791 (office)