[pianotech] Lighte & Co. upright - help needed

Chuck Behm behmpiano at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 09:20:26 MDT 2009

Chuck,

Thanks for the help.  I've looked in the local rags and on Craigslist,
as well. In my region, everything in this age and condition seems to
be in the $350-800 range.

I am a member of the PTG (since April!).  You and I talked for quite a
while in Grand Rapids while I was drooling over your work bench.  I
guess it's time to consider budgeting for those plans.  :-)

Is there a way to search past issues of the Journal online without
buying the CD-ROM's of past issues?  I've only received 3 issues on my
own... Not quite the library to search from. :-)

Regards,

Rob

Sorry I had forgotten your name, Rob. I do remember talking to you, but I'm
awful at remembering names.

As far as past issues of the Journal, I'm not sure. If you contact the home
office of PTG, I'm sure they would have an answer to that. Other than some
sample articles, I don't believe there is a way to search past issues
on-line, but I don't really know. I'm fortunate enough to own a complete set
of issues, back to January, 1958, so I haven't had to deal with that
particular problem.

The plans to the bench are nearly complete and should be available soon from
Schaff. They will be approximately 24 pages, with plenty of diagrams and
pictures. I'm trying to write them clearly enough that it won't take an
advanced woodworker to follow them. (I've decided that building the bench
was a lot easier than putting directions for building it on paper!) I'll be
mailing the plans in paper format shortly to the people who purchased a set
at Grand Rapids.* If you are serious about buying them, contact me
soon,*and I'll reserve a set for you at the convention price of $60
(plus
shipping). Otherwise, the price will be whatever Schaff decides to put on it
to make it worth their while to advertise and sell.

Thanks for reminding me of our conversation in Grand Rapids. Best of luck.
Chuck