[pianotech] Broken Damper Wire Screw Removal

Patrick C. Poulson pcpoulson at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 19 12:23:07 MDT 2009

Hello: I am working on a grand that has glued-in damper flanges, and one of
the bass dampers has a wire screw that is broken on flush with the wood.
Does anyone have a reliable method for removing the broken stub? I have
consider using a small hole cutter to remove the screw and surrounding wook,
plugging and then redrilling for a new screw. Has anyone found an
alternative?
Thanks,
Parick C Poulson
Registered Piano Technician