[pianotech] Archive Resources

Scott Jackson scottwaynejackson at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 20 18:03:05 MDT 2009

Which brings us to another topic that has been brought up before: the
creation of a Pianotech encyclopedia or "WIKI" to organise such gems under
appropriate headings, so that people don't have to keep asking the same
questions. For those who don't know what a WIKI is, the following video
presentation may help:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dnL00TdmLY

Everybody in the group is allowed to create and edit pages, so there is no
burden on one person to do the work. When you spot something useful in the
archives, just copy it and paste it to the wiki, and edit where appropriate.
Job done once and for all! If someone wants background on a problem, first
go read the wiki. If further clarification is required, then ask the list.
Any new information can then be added back to the wiki, making an even
better resource for the next person with the same problem.

Scott Jackson
ps. wikiwiki is Hawaiin for quick, speedy, fast