[pianotech] How do you ladies do it?

Barbara Nobbe barbara at pitchperfectpianos.com
Thu Aug 20 18:57:31 MDT 2009

James,

On models similar to the Yamaha T121, where the front panel is just as you described, I undo the side hinges, then reach my right arm behind the board, grabbing it from the bottom to lift it up off the bottom pegs and rest it briefly on the cheek blocks.  Then I reposition to get a better grip by using my left hand to hold from underneath the front center of the fallboard and my right hand holds the top of the front panel.

Barbara Nobbe, RPT
Pitch Perfect Piano Tuning & Repair
barbara at pitchperfectpianos.com
859-489-4793