[pianotech] i'll take a pass

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Aug 22 03:18:53 MDT 2009

FWIW, I also add one more thing to the appointment phone call
regarding fees. I also tell the caller that every once in a while -
not often - maybe two or three times a year - I run into a piano that
hasn't been tuned in 20 or 30 years and that sometimes such a piano
will require multiple pitch raises - but again, that is not common.

That way they know the total tuning fee will likely be for a tuning
and maybe a pitch raising fee will be added to that. And that there is
also a slim chance it might be more......

Terry Farrell