[pianotech] i'll take a pass

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sat Aug 22 08:01:15 MDT 2009

Here's where I may make an exception with fees.  If the piano is a disaster
throw away I don't charge them.  I figure they've had enough bad news for
one day.  Often they end up offering to pay something anyway.  I have, in
fact, decided I didn't want to work on something when I suppose I could have
but saw a potential can of worms that I didn't want to open.  There I don't
feel comfortable then charging them since the decision to walk away was
mine.  I do, in such cases, try to convince them that another piano might be
the best route and offer to assist them in such an acquisition.  For that
service I will charge a fee.  I've earned many long term customers (now with
better pianos) who are grateful that they didn't go down a road that cost
them dearly for an ultimately poor result.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com