[pianotech] i'll take a pass

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Sat Aug 22 21:21:17 MDT 2009

In a message dated 8/22/2009 2:12:40 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
tuner at helmsmusic.net writes:

I know  it's possible to raise the pitch & fine tuning in one visit.
However,  just because you CAN do it doesn't mean that you SHOULD do  it.
I personally disagree with this sentiment as a generalization. It's
possible to raise the pitch and adequately tune the piano in one sitting  if the
raise is not ridiculously excessive. It may be possible to raise the  pitch
and "fine tune" if the raise is within a narrow range. Concert work often
calls for the latter. Johnny's home piano is typical of the former. And if
Johnny is any good, plan on coming back in a month or so to do a more than
adequate tuning. Radically flat pianos won't really stabilize for several
tunings.

Paul