[pianotech] Spinet: Filing/ Shaping Hammers

Amadeus Piano amadeuspiano at comcast.net
Mon Aug 24 15:56:49 MDT 2009

Thanks guys.  I think I panicked a bit and probably missed something.  I did
look but couldn't make out what was holding it back.

Because it was sticking in a precarious position, I had to reset it to go
below and look, but then I couldn't determine what might have been holding
it back.  And to make matters worse, it was in a dark room with little
light; my flashlight was my only source of light up under.  I will bring a
spot lamp next time.

My biggest worry was ripping the dampers.  Thankfully, that I avoided, but
at the cost of doing a proper job, I fear.

When I am next out there, I will give it a better examination.

Lesson learned.  I appreciate the help, Gary