[pianotech] Agraffe for Chinese piano

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Aug 27 22:27:13 MDT 2009

Bruce Dornfeld wrote:
> This request came to me this week for some help.  Any ideas?  The
> technician is an RPT member of the Chicago Chapter and a very fine
> technician.  “I'm trying to find an agraffe for a Chinese made piano.
> The threads measure .275" and it is a three hole item. You seem to have
> a good network. I've tried the pseudo manufacturer and I'm working with
> Rick Hansen at SOC because they sell Chinese product but no luck yet.
> Could you offer any suggestions?   Thanks”

0.275" is 7mm, or thereabouts. Any chance it might be
threaded, with an actual thread count number available?????
I'd start with what should be a reasonable approximation, with
Pianotek's metric trichord. If that doesn't fit, Pianotek also
sells taps and threaded inserts to convert oversize and
outright weird sizes to SAE U.S. "standard".

Your Chicago tech should be able to chase this down himself
with no more trouble than it would take any of the rest of us.
Ron N