[pianotech] PR follow up

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Aug 28 18:32:17 MDT 2009

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com wrote:
>  We are still lacking agreement in what we mean by
> "adequate" and "fine".

I just supplied you a definition - leaving as good a tuning as
if you hadn't done a pitch raise. Is that semantically
acceptable, or fine?

>Does "fine" include stable? How stable?

No, at least no more or less stable than you can verify on
site, at the time of the tuning, just like every other tuning
you do. Is there a magic method of reading latent instability
in a tuning, other than comparing pitch response with tuning
pin feel, being unable to knock it out after tuning, and the
passage of time? If you'll brew the stew, I'll supply the bat
wings. No, strike that. Bats deserve better.

Ron N