[pianotech] PR follow up

David Stocker firtreepiano at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 29 00:42:17 MDT 2009

I love hearing good information from intelligent people. I even hope to learn from foolish people. I always hope to improve my craft and serve my customers better.

I find it foolish (and rude!) for someone to tell me I cannot possibly do what I have done for twenty-seven years, because they know better.

If a person wishes to ask how someone else accomplishes something they consider difficult, I would consider that person wise.

I do believe in science for science sake, but what I really want is to see how it applies in the real world. In other words, at a certain level I don't care if it is the roll of the bridge, the compression (or not) of the soundboard, the plate, the back, or the phase of the moon. Using RCT, I can measure the movement of the pitch as I tune, and how far off it is when I finish a pitch raise, and thereby the movement within the entire system of the piano. I would like to know which component is moving, but I don't have to know to get reliable results. If I can use RCT and leave the piano at pitch and it stays there for months or years, I will take someone's money and sleep peacefully.

Dave Stocker, RPT
Tumwater, WA