[pianotech] pitch correction

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 29 21:55:24 MDT 2009

If I'm reading this correctly, it sounds like changes in pitch are due mostly to structural changes such as string rendoring, plate flexing.  Bridge roll is due more to string rendoring and soundboard  movement?  Is this what I'm reading?  Also Stability of tuning doesn't affect the pitch drop as an initial cause?  It's late so I'm not sure I'm reading everything correctly.  I think tuning stability will help aid in the pitch staying where it should be during a pitch raise or lowering if there is less wandering in tuning, moving that pin and string less I think would help.  So what I'm saying and i hope I'm correct, is that structural factors will affect pitch, but tuning stability will determine how much "out of wackness' we might receive after a pitch raise?

Marshall