[pianotech] Yamaha jack adjustment spade tool

Joe Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Sun Aug 30 10:13:12 MDT 2009

Hi Richard,
Yesterday I mentioned my new tool for spade adjustment screws.
It was designed with the spade screw of the Kawai uprights in mind. They are larger and more square than the Yamaha adjustment screws. This makes the Yamaha tool a poor one for use on Kawai pianos as the tool will not fully go down to give good grip to turn the screw. And if it does I find it difficult to remove the tool without changing the setting.
In adjusting the Yamaha, one needs ( in my case >G< ) very good light, knowing which way to turn the screw in advance, and tipping the action up so my sore back does not need to bend.
My tool seemed to me to be a little easier to use but then I am biased. My tool definitely will not flex the screw as much.
Sort of like the upright eye screw tool with the clover leaf design.
The tool uses a 21st century technology ,  hex 1/4" base.

Joe Goss BSMusEd MMusEd RPT
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com