[pianotech] Weird Pease Grand

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Sun Aug 30 20:30:38 MDT 2009

Terry?

These are "plate horn wedges", similar to Steinway. The wedges should be?put?back in place after you've added strings to the piano, but?before you?chip it up to pitch.? If you have too much tension on the strings after you've put them on, you'll need to jam the wedges in with a hammer. You can also try to hold them in place with masking tape until you've chipped the piano.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Mililani, Oahu, HI
808-349-2943